Re: Can you bootp/tftp instead of dhcp with kickstart?

BMC> I was curious, is there a way to use bootp and tftp instead of dhcp in
BMC> the kickstart file?

It's not really clear what you're trying to do.

If you're trying netboot, I believe that PXE requires the use of DHCP.  But
this is a requirement of the boot software, well under the level of
kickstart.

Kickstart itself wouldn't need tftp.  If you're already running the
installer, you can use "network --bootproto bootp" in the kickstart file.

 - J<