RE: 7.1 & kickstart woes(python)

I guess I'll take a stab at this.

> No-one really has any input on this problem below...I hate to resend,
> but...
> Its clear where the problem lies, but why????  How can I beat this?
>
> -johnny
>
> (ps) i also have another interesting problem w/ kickstart 6.1
> on a Compaq
> proliant DL320 machine
> that has partitions crossing cylinder boundaries when
> kickstarted, and even
> worse it tries to boot
> on hde instead of hda during the reboot so it plain out
> fails....open for
> suggestions...tried grub, boot
> disk, post install scripts,...i just wish i could specify an
> 'ondisk' sorta
> feature....

What do your partitions look like before you install?  What does your ks.cfg
look like?

> Johnny Lopes wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I seem to be having some strange issue immediately after anaconda
> > determines what packages to upgrade..
> >
> > Heres the error:
> >
> > python: header.c: 511: headerLoad: Assertion `rdlen == dl` failed.
> > install exited abnormally
> >
> > This is w/ Redhat 7.1, and ive already wrestled w/ the anaconda
> > errors...after all that I end up w/ this....#*@#%)&!!!!!
> >
> > Well, alls well until this, obviously....  Ive successfully gotten
> > kickstart to work under 6.1 and 6.2, is there
> > some known issue here?  I belive I have all of the required
> fields in my
> > ks.cfg, and got the bootnet.img from
> > the RedHat 7.1 disk.....
> >
> > tia,
> > -johnny

This is an upgrade, not install?  Is that the only error you get?  Did you
change anaconda in any way?  What kind of installation (NFS, HTTP, FTP) are
you doing?  Are you certain that you have permissions to get the packages?

Forrest