Redhat bootdisk/driver disk build problems

Guys,
   I'm kickstarting a box from a customized RedHat 7.0 distro. The box
needs the e100.o driver which isn't on the boot disk.  I've tried adding
the driver to the disk with no success.  Here's what I've done:

-Deleted the dgrs.o file from the modules.cgz archive to make room
-removed all references to dgrs from the module-info file
-copied e100.o (from a working 7.0 install with 2.2.2-16 kernel) to the
   modules.cgz archive
-replaced the pcitable entry that loads eepro100 with e100 (stolen value
   from /RedHat/instimage/usr/share/kudzu/pcitable on a redhat7 Disc)
-added an entry to module-info for the e100
-rebuilt the disk

Disc boots, doesn't find a working driver, and decides to ask me about
what driver to use (note that if i don't modify the pcitable entry it flat
out fails and dies.)  I select my newly added e100 driver, which fails to
load.

Possible issue that comes to mind is kernel version compatibility.  Are
the stock 7.0 kernel's modules compatible with that of the bootdisk (I
thought it was the same version..is that right?)

Thanks much,
--Walker Traylor