lvm-mod.o _does_ work in ramdisk, after all

Earlier, I wrote:
> Then I modify the /tmp/stage2.copy hierarchy, and
> use mkisofs on it to recreate stage2.img, and put
> stage2.img back into .../RedHat/base .
>
> But, I can't get LVM turned on.  I tried recompiling
> a 2.4.2 kernel and including an LVM module in the
> stage2, but insmod complained about an unresolved
> symbol when I tried it in the alt-F2 screen during
> the install.
>
> Is there a way to get this to work?  Do I need to
> make a driver disk?  Or, do I need to include the
> entire recompiled kernel and modules in boot.img and
> stage2.img?  vmlinuz goes in boot.img and modules in
> stage2.img?  If so, where does the
> modules/module-info file in stage2 come from?

The problem was that I tried using an lvm-mod.o from
a kernel build with a different config file.  When I
used an lvm-mod.o from a modified 2.4.2 BOOT config
build, lvm-mod.o insmod'd correctly.  Also, since the
lvm-mod.o does not have dependencies, there's no
need to do further modification to the module-info
file.

--Seth
sethal@xxxxxxxxx