Re: Redhat bootdisk/driver disk build problems

--- Walker Traylor <wtraylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Possible issue that comes to mind is kernel version
> compatibility.  Are
> the stock 7.0 kernel's modules compatible with that
> of the bootdisk (I
> thought it was the same version..is that right?)
>

> Thanks much,
> --Walker Traylor

I ran into a similar problem the other day.  I was
trying to add a module to the 2.4.2 kernel on RH 7.1.
I tried adding a module made with a regular i386 2.4.2
config file.  It didn't work.  But, when I tried
starting with the 2.4.2 BOOT config file, ran
make menuconfig, turned on the module, re-built the
kernel, put the resulting module onto the distribution
media, it worked.  So try rebuilding the module,
starting with the BOOT config file for your 7.0
distribution kernel (which was 2.2.16 on my 7.0;
it may still be 2.2.16 for your 7.0 depending on
how much it's been customized.

--Seth