From: "Steve M Bibayoff" <smb23@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "kickstart list" <kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 3:15 PM
Subject: sw raid and premade partitions

Has anyone ever been successful in putting together a ks.cfg file to
install RH on a predefined partition scheme? with RAID?

What I'm trying to do is get / and /boot on primary partitions using
RAID 1 to mirror the whole disk. I have tried pre-partition the disk,
but keep getting "Value Error: unknown raid device raid.01". This is
with trying to use --onpart sd[a-b][2-9].

I've then tried to use --size --onpdisk --onprimary.

Then --size --ondisk --asprimary (what is the difference between --
onprimary and --asprimary any way?)
This drops me into a diskdruid screen, which I can't proceed any
further trying to set up raid (Or at least from what I've tried).

Has anybody been successful in this endenvear, forcing / and another
partition to be a primary, while also setting up RAID 1? If yes, could
you post your ks.cfg file.

Also if anybody has any ideas on things to try, it would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Steve

                                  --