Re: pxe kickstart

DS> can anyone point me to a good resource for configuring pxe kickstart
DS> for red hat 7.1?

I was in the process of writing up a mini-howto, since I just did this.
Unfortunately the floods here in Houston have shut down all of our
operations, but I can still remember most of it if you have specific
questions.

DS> I have all of the packages installed, but documentation is so spotty
DS> that I can't find a good up to date how-to of exactly what images to
DS> put where.

Which packages do you have installed?  (And what hardware are you using?)
I booted using pxelinux (part of the syslinux RPM) and the instructions on
getting that working were pretty good.

DS> The dhcp discovery phase is working, but then the tftp just hangs...

If you're using pxelinux, it will try to retrieve the image using a whole
bunch of names.  All but the last will fail, but xinetd will shut down the
tftp server because it is looping.  You must alter the /etc/init.d/xinetd
file to start xinetd with something like "-loop 100" to shut this off.

 - J<