Problem with kickstart and RH 7.1

Hi,
I am trying to use kickstart via NFS with the new 7.1 distribution. My problem is that the driver for my ethernet card is not on the bootnet disk, but on the driver disk. So when I boot the computer and gives "linux dd ks=floppy" at the prompt, kickstart starts but it ignores the driver disk (never reads it), and naturally the installation fails as it cant find a driver for the ethernet card. I have tried two different solutions, the first to insert a command to read the driver disk in the kickstart-file, the description of how to do that is rather vague. I never succeeded anyway. Secondly I tried to build a new bootnet disk, by inserting the relevant driver in "initrd.img" and then rebuilding this file. I used the procedure as outlined in http://www.introcomp.co.uk/linux/bootdisk.html. When I tried to repackage the file with cpio I got lots of "truncated inode number" messages, but it looked ok. However when I try to use my new bootnet image the installation fails to find /tmp/ks.cfg. There is also a lot of "error 2 reading header: cpio: Bad magic" error messages. If I just unpack "initrd.img" and then repack it without any changes (ie. inserting my module) I get the same errors.

Hoping for suggestions or answers
Sincerely Jan Pettersson