RE: coping files off the CD.

Here is how I did it. In real life, I have more error checking and other
fancy stuff in my %post section:

%post

mount server:/image-dir /tmp/image-dir
cp /tmp/image-dir/my-rpm-file /my-destination

Alternatively,  if you run a web server on your kickstart server,  you can
get rpms to local machine thru wget/rpm directly:

%post

cd /my-destination
wget http://server:port/image-dir/my-rpm-file       # just copy  rpm file to
local machine