Kickstart problems

Three questions,

First, I finally got kickstart to work, but when I try using the --onpart
option under part, I get:

Exception Occurred
Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/bin/anaconda",
line 341, in ?
extraModules=extraModules)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py",
line 332, in __inst__
self.setClass(instClass)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py",
line 882, in setClass
todo.addMount(dev, mntpoint, fstype, reformat)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/todo.py",
line 395, in addMount
self.mounts[location] = (device, fsystem, reformat)
Attribute Error: mounts

Using:
zerombr yes
clearpart --all
part / --size 500 --grow
part swap --size 127

works fine.  I then reboot, get info from df and /etc/fstab:
/ mounted on sda1
swap mounted on sda5

I try kickstart using:
part / --onpart sda1
part swap --onpart sda5

I made sure that I took off the zerombr and clearpart --all.
I reboot, and still get this error.  VC3 is exactly the same on both installs.
Any help?

Second, I tried rootpw --iscrypted BlahBlah! (copying and pasting from my
/etc/shadow file).  It then sets the password in /etc/passwd, and leaves
/etc/shadow blank.  When I login as root, it doesn't ask for any password
(because the shadow file is blank where the passowrd should be).  If I cut and
paste from passwd to shadow, it works fine.  Are there any fixes for this?

Third, I would like to use the same type of boot screen that RH 7.0 uses
(graphical).  I tried to copy the message file from a RH 7.0 box to my RH 6.2
box, inserted the message= in lilo.conf, ran lilo -v, and I get a small
diamond next to the text login.  If it is possible to get this to work, I
would like to put it somewhere in the NFS install.  Anyone knwo where it is
located/loaded in the distro?

TIA,

Forrest