Re: Problem in Func-Transmit after func update

During func code debugging I've seen the solution.
The normal users can't read certificate in /var/lib/certmaster folder
without adding the acl. I was using an old script I've created to set
the acls for my user that didn't add them in /var/lib/certmaster folder.

I don't understand why after update my root user could not call the
minions... but maybe wasn't a big problem (I'll try to update another
machine to inspect the problem).

Thanks
See ya
Marco

On 09/21/2009 05:02 PM, Marco Mornati wrote:
> Just a little update to what I said this morning.
>
> I see that the problem is reported only for user different from root.
> If I run func from CLI or func-transmit using root user all works
> correctly, if I try to use a different user, both from command line and
> func-transmit, I get the error "Can''t find any minions matching "*"".
>
> Any idea?
>
> Bye
> Marco
>
> On 09/21/2009 12:38 PM, Marco Mornati wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>
>> I just updated func on my fedora and I've seen some problems.
>
>> First of all, after the update I've to resign my minions because
>> apparently all my old certificates were "broken". Is there any kind of
>> change in SSL communication?
>
>> Then I can't use func-transmit to communicate with all clients (for all
>> I mean "*").
>
>> Here my test:
>
>> """
>> clients: *
>> aysnc: False
>> nforks: 1
>> module: command
>> method: run
>> parameters: "/bin/echo Hello World"
>> """
>
>> [mmornati@mmornati ~]$ func-transmit -y < transmit-test
>> ---
>> error: 1
>> info: {}
>> message: 'Can''t find any minions matching "*". '
>> name: Func Client Exception
>

>> and I see that problem is when func-transmit try to invoke:
>
>> # make the call
>>     try:
>>             client = fc.Overlord(clients, async=async, nforks=nforks)
>
>> where client is "*".
>
>> Is there any changes in the api that func-transmit is not using?
>

>> Thanks a lot
>> Bye
>> Marco

- --