Re: Problem in Func-Transmit after func update

Just a little update to what I said this morning.

I see that the problem is reported only for user different from root.
If I run func from CLI or func-transmit using root user all works
correctly, if I try to use a different user, both from command line and
func-transmit, I get the error "Can''t find any minions matching "*"".

Any idea?

Bye
Marco

On 09/21/2009 12:38 PM, Marco Mornati wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just updated func on my fedora and I've seen some problems.
>
> First of all, after the update I've to resign my minions because
> apparently all my old certificates were "broken". Is there any kind of
> change in SSL communication?
>
> Then I can't use func-transmit to communicate with all clients (for all
> I mean "*").
>
> Here my test:
>
> """
> clients: *
> aysnc: False
> nforks: 1
> module: command
> method: run
> parameters: "/bin/echo Hello World"
> """
>
> [mmornati@mmornati ~]$ func-transmit -y < transmit-test
> ---
> error: 1
> info: {}
> message: 'Can''t find any minions matching "*". '
> name: Func Client Exception
>

> and I see that problem is when func-transmit try to invoke:
>
> # make the call
>     try:
>             client = fc.Overlord(clients, async=async, nforks=nforks)
>
> where client is "*".
>
> Is there any changes in the api that func-transmit is not using?
>

> Thanks a lot
> Bye
> Marco

- --