Re: Func over Apache QMF?

Hi

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 04:48:57 pm Michael DeHaan wrote:
> I'm sitting in a presentation right now for QMF ... looks rather slick.
>
> http://qpid.apache.org/qmf-python-console-tutorial.html
>
> It does sync, async, routing (like our delegation), publish/subscribe
> type things, and offline delivery.   I think the plan is to rely on
> kerberos for security though, but perhaps you could also use certmaster.
>
> Func-over-QMF, anyone?  (I know we talked about AMQP earlier, this is a
> level above).

What features will add to Func except the ones we support ? As far as i
undestood it has some NAT capibilites as extra. I think it will be very cool
to support different connection/authentication mechanisms. I like the idea to
have a pluggable architecture in that part also, if someone wants to use
certmaster let him use it if someone wants to use sth different (QMF,XMMP)
giving him the abstract srtucture to implement that part is also very
important. Therefore the main point should be to make Func to support a
srtucture than can support a pluggable connecton/authentications. After that
if someone wants to impement QMF,XMMP or sth we dont know he/she will have
the structure todo that.

The above statement is not important only for connection we should apply those
to other parts also. As Michael noted before we need a more abstract
srtucture for service and minion modules (Windows modules and etc).

Minion Facts,pluggable architecture in most of places,i'm very excited about
Func :)