Re: is it feature or problem

ashok shankar das wrote:
Hi Guys,
Sorry i don't know where to escalate the problem i faced.

1) The funcd on menion is crashing/exiting if the certmaster is not running on the desired machine. I think it should not crash or exit but it should be a demon and poll for the connection, as soon as the cert master is up it should start working.

It's "working as designed" though the error handling could be a bit more user friendly (not sure if I've fixed that upstream yet or not ... probably not, as we are waiting to split certmaster off into a seperate project prior to making a lot of changes to it). One thing that lessons the need for polling is that funcd does not need to contact the certmaster if it already has it's certificates, so this basically assumes that you have certmaster running when you are installing func on your minions -- which isn't too bad.
2) Certmaster should take both IP address and hostname.
I found the certmaster obeys only hostname not IP

We use hostnames because naming certificates after IP's leaves us with an impossible way of remembering which systems are which, especially
in a DHCP scenario (where the IPs of course can change).

--Michael