Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:20:53 -0500
From: Greg Wallace <gtewallace@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: open agent

Hey man,

there's a convo going on at the open management consortium about trying to
get various open and some closed source systems management vendors/projects
to agree on a common agent in order to simplify things for users (for
example, they could turn on different mgmt functionality without having to
deploy a unique agent for each additional function...)

I threw func into the mix (it's in the spreadsheet I put up in the documents
section).  Could you or someone else on that team fill in the blanks and
monitor this thread?

here's the link:
http://www.openmanagement.org/community/monitoring/omc_open_agent

PS - right now it's listed as a sub category of monitoring, which I think is
incorrect and have asked be changed.

Thanks!

--
Greg