Re: API/Code Documentation

How about something as simple as ...

class FuncResponse(dict):

Well, that wasn't what I was talking about, actually.

I was saying for methods that take eighteen billion parameters many of them optional, they can just take a hash of those parameters.
This is only because XMLRPC doesn't support keyword arguments.

{
"favorite-tv-show" : "MacGyver",
"permissions" : 0x755,
"group" : "Apache",
"answer" : 42,
"owner" : "David Thompson"
}

The returns being structured as complex data structures is not a problem IMHO. I also prefer raw data objects there.

When we do the higher level API (for things like the "Remote Rocket Surgery" idea and things start feeling like a DOM model, then we can investigate this. Though I like the
existing lower level stuff to remain fairly basic.

My main comment about things needing to be "API based" was to just avoid things like:

this_function(parameters_to_pass_directly_to_shell)