Re: Some semi-architectural things to think about

Michael DeHaan wrote:
seth vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 09:49 -0500, Scott Henson wrote:

seth vidal wrote:
| On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 07:45 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
<snip>
|> Groups would be small, config parser would fly and would still be human
|> editable.   People really like things that are human editable.
|>

| python-iniparse might be worth looking at. We're using it in yum in lieu
| of config parser b/c it has writing functions worth looking at.

ConfigParser has writing functions too. I currently use it for buildbitch in
exactly the same way that func would use it for classes.

Take a look at python-iniparse if you get a chance.

-sv

I haven't checked it out but the CP API's are definitely kind of gross :)

Main thing is just making sure any libs we use are either embedded in the app (ewww) or available in EPEL/EL4 somewhere.

If it's new, we may have to test it with older Python...

Yup, api's look nicer, just need to figure out if it works on older python. The docs dont seem to specify.

Adrian