Re: Some semi-architectural things to think about

seth vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 09:49 -0500, Scott Henson wrote:

seth vidal wrote:
| On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 07:45 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:
<snip>
|> Groups would be small, config parser would fly and would still be human
|> editable.   People really like things that are human editable.
|>

| python-iniparse might be worth looking at. We're using it in yum in lieu
| of config parser b/c it has writing functions worth looking at.

ConfigParser has writing functions too.  I currently use it for buildbitch in
exactly the same way that func would use it for classes.

Take a look at python-iniparse if you get a chance.

-sv

I haven't checked it out but the CP API's are definitely kind of gross :)

Main thing is just making sure any libs we use are either embedded in the app (ewww) or available in EPEL/EL4 somewhere.

If it's new, we may have to test it with older Python...

--Michael