Re: Welcome and discussion starter

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:40:31 -0500
John.Florian@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> That's what I figured.  So the question(s) simply comes down to, "Do
> we want the formulas to be applied perpetually, or just initially?"
> If just initially, should the formulas provide support for handling
> updates to existing deployments as those formulas evolve?

An excellent question. ;)

I guess my instinct is to just target initial setup. If something is
improved/changed in the formula they could re-run it and get those
improvements. But the issue would be:

run LAMP stack formula
use it, setup some sites, reconfigure things as you want them
new formula version comes out.
re-run new formula

Does the new formula then mess up your existing config?
Or can we have things setup in such a way that we don't touch it if
it's been further configured, but this opens up a pretty big can of
worms.

kevin