Re: Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source - Survey

Thanks very much Justin for the warm welcome and suggestions. We will most definitely report back.

On this same note - we are researching ways of working that can help FOSS projects be more collaborative in moving the needle for diversity and inclusion in open source. Instead of each, on our own.  Perhaps Fedora Diversity team might be interested in being interviewed by our researcher? I am thrilled to know they exist and will reach out as you suggest.

Thanks again,

Emma

On 27 Dec 2017 1:01 PM, "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/26/2017 06:14 PM, Emma Irwin wrote:
> Hello Fedora community,
>
> We invite you to fill out this
> survey<https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4077523/Diversity-Inclusion-in-Open-Source>,
> which takes about 6 minutes to complete.
>
> This survey is central to a Mozilla initiative dedicated to positively
> impacting <https://github.com/drnikki/open-demographics> diversity and
> inclusion in open source and is core to our mission of supporting an
> “Internet that truly puts people first, where individuals can shape
> their own experience and are empowered, safe and independent.”
>
> By participating in this voluntary survey you will help generate a new
> and innovative understanding of how identity in open source community
> influences our experiences - and how as an ecosystem we can work
> together to improve standards
> <https://github.com/drnikki/open-demographics> that help us understand
> and improve.
>
> We will publish the anonymized, aggregated findings in a blog post on
> Mozilla’s Open Innovation <https://medium.com/mozilla-open-innovation>
> blog in late January, with recommendations, and an invitation to join in
> this work for 2018. You can read a summary of this work so far in this
> OpenSource.com
> <https://opensource.com/article/17/9/diversity-and-inclusion-innovation#comments>
> article and more detailed versions on our blog.
>
> If you have any questions please reach out directly to Emma
> (eirwin@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:eirwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>)
>

> Thanks very much and please do share in other areas of open source where
> you think we can find diverse insights.

Hi Emma! :-) It's nice to see you here on this list.

I suggest two other lists for you to reach out to as well. The Fedora
Diversity and Arch Women mailing list are great places to share this survey.

I actually think the Fedora Diversity team has a significant interest in
the results of this survey too, once they are publicly shared. Follow-up
on the Fedora Diversity mailing list with the final blog post would be
appreciated.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/diversity.lists.fedoraproject.org

I hope you're having a happy holiday and a soon-to-be happy new year!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory