Re: Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source - Survey

On 12/26/2017 06:14 PM, Emma Irwin wrote:
> Hello Fedora community,
>
> We invite you to fill out this
> survey<https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4077523/Diversity-Inclusion-in-Open-Source>,
> which takes about 6 minutes to complete.
>
> This survey is central to a Mozilla initiative dedicated to positively
> impacting <https://github.com/drnikki/open-demographics> diversity and
> inclusion in open source and is core to our mission of supporting an
> “Internet that truly puts people first, where individuals can shape
> their own experience and are empowered, safe and independent.”
>
> By participating in this voluntary survey you will help generate a new
> and innovative understanding of how identity in open source community
> influences our experiences - and how as an ecosystem we can work
> together to improve standards
> <https://github.com/drnikki/open-demographics> that help us understand
> and improve.
>
> We will publish the anonymized, aggregated findings in a blog post on
> Mozilla’s Open Innovation <https://medium.com/mozilla-open-innovation>
> blog in late January, with recommendations, and an invitation to join in
> this work for 2018. You can read a summary of this work so far in this
> OpenSource.com
> <https://opensource.com/article/17/9/diversity-and-inclusion-innovation#comments>
> article and more detailed versions on our blog.
>
> If you have any questions please reach out directly to Emma
> (eirwin@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:eirwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>)
>

> Thanks very much and please do share in other areas of open source where
> you think we can find diverse insights.

Hi Emma! :-) It's nice to see you here on this list.

I suggest two other lists for you to reach out to as well. The Fedora
Diversity and Arch Women mailing list are great places to share this survey.

I actually think the Fedora Diversity team has a significant interest in
the results of this survey too, once they are publicly shared. Follow-up
on the Fedora Diversity mailing list with the final blog post would be
appreciated.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/diversity.lists.fedoraproject.org

I hope you're having a happy holiday and a soon-to-be happy new year!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory