Re: Introduction

On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 03:20:52PM +0200, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> Today I noticed that getfedora.org is offered in localized version in
> addition to the default one in English, and my goal is to provide the
> Croatian localization. In the future I would also be interested in
> helping with documentation issues like [1].

Hi Vedran, and welcome and thank you!

Most translations in Fedora are managed through Zanata. I think in this
case that's
https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/fedora-web?dswid=-3457
. You can get more information on the Translations list
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/trans.lists.fedoraproject.org/

But someone from the websites team may correct me or clarify if I'm
mistaken and this is out of date knowledge...

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Vedran,
Matthew is correct, we don't do localization, we do internationalization, that means we produce the source files and push them to the translation platform (Zanata).
Localization is done by the single localization teams and we pull the translated strings to build the websites.
The .po files you see in our repo are outdated and used mostly just for testing. Please don't make any changes on them.

If you want to join us, take a look on pagure [1] or follow the instructions on the wiki [2]. For any doubts please ask, or join us on #fedora-websites, even if you just want to say hello.

Regards.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)