Re: Media writer (fwd)

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:21:54AM +0200, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> "Optionally, you may install Fedora Workstation to a laptop or
> desktop computer that has at least 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, and 10
> GB space available. To do this, run the live version of Fedora
> Workstation from your USB flash drive on the computer you'd like to
> install to, run the Fedora Media Writer application, and follow the
> on-screen prompts to complete installation."

Suggested rewrite:

======================================

Running Fedora Workstation

To run Fedora Workstation, you will need:

* Fedora Media Writer (download above)

* A USB Flash drive with at least 1.3 GB space available

* A laptop or desktop computer that has at least a 1GHz processor and
  2GB of RAM. (8GB of RAM is recommended.)

Fedora Workstation is provided via Fedora Media Writer. Download this
program via the download link above and run it on your system,
following the prompts to generate a "live" version of Fedora
Workstation on a USB flash drive. You may then run this live version of
Fedora Workstation from that USB flash drive.

You can use this Live image to test and play with Fedora without making
changes to your hard disk. When you are ready, you can install Fedora
Workstation to your hard disk from within this Live environment. (You
will need at least 10GB of free space.)

If you need further help, see detailed installation instructions at ....

NB I bumped the minimum RAM for Workstation, and added a Recommended
section. On x86_64, 1GB is painful, and 2GB will barely cut it. Since I
know a lot of people use Chrome, I think 8GB is a good recommended
point, really.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>