Re: add community blog to start.fpo?

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 05:32:29PM +0100, Robert Mayr wrote:
> We have a specific layout and a script fills the page with data. Images for
> example need to be present in any post and preferably even have nearly the
> same size.
> Sure, we can adjust it with the script to go through anyway, but the layout
> would loose it's uniformity.

Ah, these are good points. I think we might want to let the community
blog be a little more relaxed. There's also the question of audience --
I don't think we want the start.fpo page overwhelmed with
internally-focused articles. On the other hand, I don't want everything
to be all disconnected and give the feel that we keep creating new and
different places everyone is supposed to look.

Yeah, I understood this was the reason of your proposal and we should really try to keep all our things connected in some way.

When I posted the suggestion initially, I thought about asking if we
could use cookies or something to let people decide if they want to see
contributor-focused content on the start page. But I don't know if
that's worth the complication.

Indeed that's something I was thinking about, maybe we can add a section there (not sure where and how exactly) where people can click and get the commblog feed inside start.fpo.

Maybe using Fedora Hubs for the start page could provide something like
that.

Definitely yes, or at least we will be able to connect the commblog better and reach out the target it was created for.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--