Re: Fedora Wiki Revision

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 02:30:54 +0300
Zacharias Mitzelos <mitzie@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After my workshop at Flock about the Fedora Wiki, we discussed many
> ways to improve and reorganize the wiki, and we sat down with Brian
> Exelbierd and Peter Travis to discuss it more thoroughly and discuss
> how the wiki should operate from now on and keep pages and content in
> general, organized.
>
> So let me sum up the things that we wrote on the pad, and feel free to
> visit it yourself here[1]:

...snip...

So, a few things to note here:

We are planning a upgrade to the wiki to the new LTS version. Any
scripts/plugins we should make sure work with the new version, not the
existing one. This upgrade will likely be after beta.

It's probibly good to have this conversation on the devel and/or test
lists too, as those groups use the wiki quite a lot too and possibly
for things you haven't thought of. Here's some more off the top of my
head:

* Common bugs. Would this become a doc? How easy would it be to update
  (common bugs gets updated a ton in the run up to a release).

* User pages. I think there was talk about moving this into hubs, but I
  don't know the status of it.

* SOP's. I know releng has all their SOP's in the wiki, other groups
  likey too. Thats not end user facing really, so it would just stay?

* Test days. This gets used a bunch for test days and qa results. Those
  stay?

* Test cases. bodhi2 grabs test cases from the wiki for packages.

* Ambassadors events. This is sort of end user facing as users are
  pointed there to know if Fedora is going to be at events, etc.

* Changes for releases. We have these as bugs, but also there's still
  wiki change pages.

That all said, I am in favor of more automated cleanup and marking
things. We could also add more namespaces and have different policies
for them, or even more wiki's if needed.

kevin