Fedora project wiki

Hi,

I have been using the fedora project web site and I have thought about
some suggestions that as an end user can make navigation smoother and
easier, especially to newcomers.

First, I have noticed that the search box in the fedoraproject wiki
page(fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki) is a little bit hidden
if you are not very familiar with the wiki. I think that a better place
could be on top of the left column(over wiki, navigation and
sub-projects sections) or even better, on the right of "page,
discussion, view source and history" tabs and just under the "log in"
link, as is placed in the page admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/

Second, the index site "apps.fedoraproject.org" and those sites that are
indexed there are really useful, specially for fedora users. However it
took me too much time to know about some of those wonderful sites and
when I came across the site it was because of a google result. So I
think it should be integrated into a most visible place. I propose to
place a link in the main fedoraproject.org page in the top bar(e.g. in
between help and contributors) called "Resources" that when accessed
should display a page that describes briefly the resources indexed in
apps.fedoraproject.org and a link to them. If only the main resources
can be listed there, I think the apps.fedoraproject.org section should
be described letting the users discover those resources that are not so
important by themselves, nevertheless that section should be renamed to
something like "fedora project map" or "Resources index" because the
name "apps" doesn't intuitively match its purpose.

Finally if the previous idea is finally implemented, I think that the
"documentation" link that is currently in the "help" page should be also
available in the "Resources" section, as it is a valuable resource too.

I think this will make navigation easier and more intuitive to fedora
users especially to newcomers, and also make the great existent tools
more available, since if you don't know it exists you can't use it.

Sincerely, Javier