Re: Training

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I am new to this team, there are some things that I would like to
> learn and I'm sure I wouldn't have any trouble finding some to teach me.
> However, I feel that, rather than just teach me, it would benefit
> everyone for someone to hold a class on this subject in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom . This would have the benefit
> of the creation of classroom minutes/logs so that anyone joining the
> Websites team later can refer to the class logs as a sort of tutorial.
>
> I would like it if someone could prepare a lesson plan and then teach a
> class on how to use git to do a pull, make a patch and then submit that
> patch to this mailing list.. as well as anything that would be related
> to this work.
>
> I did a git pull once, was greeted with tons of files and didn't know
> which files I needed to edit.
>
> What do you folks think about this?
> --
> Regards,
> Rev. Dr. Ian MacGregor
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ardchoille42

I think generally its a good idea. It'll be sort of like a "intro to
git" with some patch stuff included.

How long are the classes suggested to run for? Is there any special
criteria besides time and a lesson plan required?

On the devil's advocate side... how would it be different than
pointing someone to an well written wiki page?

Sijis