Re: "Default" spin of Fedora

Basil Mohamed Gohar a écrit

This is a bit of a challenge, because it seems that the official line for the target audience for Fedora is the "FOSS enthusiast", which might limit how "casual" we would expect our users to actually be. Paul emphasized that this doesn't mean we expect someone to be a kernel hacker, but I think the other extreme might also be excluded.
So what? Rome was not built in one day. Fedora won't be grandma-ready tomorrow, but there's no reason to make trying Fedora harder than it needs to be. Otherwise we should just kill this fluffy web stuff and revert to publishing some files on a raw ftp server somewhere.

We don't want to follow Ubuntu and accept proprietary blobs or old software versions just to appease impatient end-users. However that does not mean we don't want to make the distribution as streamlined as possible within the chosen Fedora parameters.