Re: [Fwd: Re: Fedora community (Was: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?)]

Patrick Barnes wrote:

Websites Team,

There's been a thread going on in fedora-list regarding our transition
to fedoraproject.org.  It brings up an excellent point.  Except among
ourselves, we have done a poor job of advertising what we are doing to
the rest of the community.  Although more and more resources are
becoming available on fedoraproject.org, and more links are pointing to
it, we haven't done much to tell people that we are now focusing on
fedoraproject.org.  With our recent revamp of fedora.redhat.com, we
removed a great deal of content and left little more than a basic set of
pages in place, but we didn't directly tell users where the information
had gone.  Many of the links there do now point to fedoraproject.org,
but there's no explicit declaration of what is happening.  I'd love to
hear suggestions about how we can best remedy this oversight.

The immediate thing to do is to add a highlighted note to the frontpage of http://fedora.redhat.com . It can read as " We are currently in the process of evaluating a transition of this website into http://fedoraproject.org. http://fedoraproject.org is a community website thats being revamped and more content is being actively added to it on a regular basis. Users are recommended to visit this website for other regular updates. Discussions about a new content management system to host our updated infrastructure among other details is in progress in fedora-websites-list [link] and #fedora-websites freenode IRC channel [link]. If you are interested in taking part in these discussions take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites, subscribe and post to the fedora-websites mailing list{link]. Thank you for your interest in the Fedora Project "

I suppose this accurately reflects our position now. Other than that there has been a few missing links and some content that could be added or modified. I will provide a list or file bugs appropriately

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]