Re: Problem with SD card

What is in messages?  The sorts of errors you are getting indicate
that the card is simply not working at all for some reason on linux.

And how different were the 2 systems that you tried it on?

I have a nice 256G UHS-II card that works fine in my camera, but in
the laptop with the fastest mmc reader it will get a hard read error
that shows in dmesg/messages that prevents it from working at any
level.

You need the errors coming out of the kernel.  Running commands from
userspace against the card won't tell you anything about what the
kernel itself thinks is wrong.