Re: Youtube Videos Don't Play in Fedora

On 23/11/22 18:50, Samuel Sieb wrote:
I just upgraded my computer to F37 and I don't see any issues.  I do have a number of rpmfusion codecs and applications installed.

On 11/22/22 14:32, Stephen Morris wrote:> There's nothing confidential in the pages. The page at the below link
displays fine in Chrome and Firefox but with any of the pages linked to from this page, none of them will display in Chrome and in Firefox Nightly I have to click the reload button to get them to display. The fourth page link in the last column has a youtube video embedded in the page and a link up to youtube as well and neither video will display.

It took me a while to figure out where the links are since they have no styling...  But once I found them, the youtube video works fine for me.
Yeah, their methodology for that leaves a lot to be desired.

However, there is a problem with the page.  None of the images will load.  I figured out that it's because they are all http links, not https.  They redirect to https, but the browser won't even try.
Is that why in Firefox Nightly, when I click on one of those links, some images display at the top of the page and I have to click on the reload button to get the redisplay of the page to show everything, whereas in Chrome they won't display at all, at least in linux, I believe they display fine in both browsers in Windows (I'll try it again tonight when I'm back in Windows)? Having done a test last night in Windows, the Youtube videos don't play properly in Firefox Nightly in Windows so Firefox Nightly has an issue, but it looks like there may be a compounded issue in Fedora (I haven't tried this in Ubuntu yet to see whether its a linux wide issue or a Fedora open source issue, although doing the multimedia group updates through dnf that I could, that Greg pointed at, to update the codecs etc from rpmfusion hasn't made any difference to the issue. There was one referenced multimedia group I could update because that group update wanted to install a pipewire-bluetooth package that conflicted with an already installed freeworld package where dnf would not let me uninstall the freeworld package because removing the package was also going to remove Gnome Shell and dnf refused to do it)

regards,
Steve

https://rog.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043748