Re: Qemu-kvm and Windows-11 22H2 upgrade problems

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 10:15 -0700, ToddAndMargo via users wrote:
> I work on MacOS too.  MacOS is just weird for
> the sake of weirdness with no practical purpose
> in mind.  And the Menu Bar at the top is just
> beyond stupid.  Of all the myriad of Linux
> GUI's, not a one does stupid, weird stuff
> like MacOS.

I tend to agree, if you mean the idea that all applications use the one
common menu bar instead of having their own menu bar in their own
window.  It's weird, and frequently inconvenient.

I definitely hate the Windows start button down the bottom, moving the
mouse upwards and across to pick something is super awkward.  Never
mind the let's dump everything in one randomly organised menu, no sub-
menus.  And back in the ball-mouse days, upwards was their most
inaccurate movement.  Ignoring that, it was also the most accident
prone, as you moved the mouse up there was a good chance you'd bump
into something on the desk and it'd cause you to click the mouse button
(or it'd hit the mouse button).  At least when pulling the mouse down,
you're moving the mouse away from anything on the desk.

I still use a Mac for one thing only:  Video editing with Final Cut Pro
(a wanky name if there ever was one).  I'd used Windows editing
applications, but Windows has always been so flakey, the applications
no better, and the box made from randomly cobbled together hardware
doesn't help.  At least a Mac system was designed as an ensemble, you
shouldn't have to fight with your system about sound and video card
incompatibilities.

I wish I could do video editing on Linux, but the native editing apps
are far too primitive (and I'm not even trying to do special effects).
DaVince Resolve is supposed to have a Linux version that works well,
but I don't have a beefy graphics card, so it won't even run (I'm semi-
retired now, so can't justify splashing out on expensive hardware that
isn't going to used on enough paying jobs to earn its keep).

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 10 16:21:17 UTC 2022 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.