Re: Qemu-kvm and Windows-11 22H2 upgrade problems

On 10/6/22 08:30, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
You often hear that MacOS is easier. My experience is that it's not.
More reliable certainly (it's based on UNIX after all), but people with
no mental model of what's actually happening still have trouble with
it.

I work on MacOS too.  MacOS is just weird for
the sake of weirdness with no practical purpose
in mind.  And the Menu Bar at the top is just
beyond stupid.  Of all the myriad of Linux
GUI's, not a one does stupid, weird stuff
like MacOS.  (gNome can be a bit weird a
times though.)

Most MacOS customer of mine and most home customers
as well would be far better served with a tablet.

My worst MacOS customer was one with an expensive
giant screen, she had a little home office
network that I set up for her and her employees.
When finished with everything, I created a document
in her Documents folder with all her accounts and
passwords for the firewall, etc..

A few weeks
later she called me up all pissed off at me because
she could not log into something.  I reminded her
of the document.  She got even more pissed, so
I pulled it up for her to show her.  She took a
picture of it with her cell phone. She spent
all that money on an Apple and could not even
open a document.

Other than graphic designers that use MacOS
to great effect, I do not see any other user
using MacOS for anything other than surfing
the web and eMail.  I do not even see them
write recipes.  A tablet would be a ton cheaper.