Re: Kinda OT: Email clients and Email Management

SO UPDATE:

Since I have a domain host that allows me to point my email to be
delivered to any email address that accepts mail.

It's what they call a "Forwarding only service"

I currently have my email pointed towards a brand new free Yahoo
account.

To date... Yahoo has the biggest storage limit of 1 Terabyte of
storage. And since I don't send out a lot of emails anymore nor do I
get a lot of emails with a lot of attachments, 1 TB of storage could
last me for the rest of my life!

TBH on using IMAP: Opening Claws and having to wait for a little over a
minute for email to be sorted into folders and then wait for the folder
to light up to let me know that, that folder has new mail in it, is
kinda frustrating. But I guess I'll get use to it?

I just know that backing up my Claws-Mail folders is starting to get
harder and harder.

Right now, Nautilius says that the claws folder has
31,989 items in it, and the current size of my Claws data folder is
799.2 Megs.

My Nextcloud backup service only gives me 20 gigs of storage.

So, by me doing daily backups of my Claws Data.. I am currently sitting
at 9.1 gigs out of 20 used.

I was using a free gmail account, but GMAIL is fixing to do away with
being able to use Less Secure Apps... And I didn't feel like having to
jump through hoops to set up O-OATH for Claws and gmail..

So I knew it was time to make the switch now, instead of waiting until
May.

Switching to IMAP is kind of new for me. It also gives me anxiety too
knowing my WHOLE LIFE is stored online now instead of locally in my
email client

But it does make life a little bit easier now that I don't have anything
to backup anymore and I can switch around to any email client that I
want.