Re: ssd keeps dying (OT)

Did you fully pull power and/or turn off power at the power supply
prior to installing the sata drive?  Ie was the sata drive install the
first time the machine was actually off and not just quickly
rebooted/reset?

If that was the first full power off it would be likely that the drive
was in some sort of internal firmware loop and until power was fully
removed it never actually was rebooted and/or reset..

I had a spinning sata disk that I was forcing badblocks in an attempt
to clean it up to be usable, and 1 out of 50 times or so when it was
handling the bad blocks it would stop responding, and a simple reboot
never fixed it, but a turn off power for a few seconds fixed it every
time.