Re: Move files into storage device -

On 2020-04-05 07:24, Tim via users wrote:
Is your internet activity light blinking too?

I tried letting my smart phone backup to my cloud device.  The phone
had no way to limit just backing up photos, it'd also back up the huge
video files it'd taken.  It did it all the time, chewing through my
phone internet bandwidth and home bandwidth, even when the phone was on
the same WiFi & LAN as the cloud device.  It continually did the same
files over and over, restarting when interrupted by networking
problems.  It dumped every thing it sent from the phone to one huge
directory on the cloud device.

That was a Samsung, not an iPhone, but you can probably guess that I
don't let it do any of that any more.
.
The iPhone appears to be about the same if not worse, judging from my experience here with half a dozen of those devices on our system, this morning my usage is 3 times my allotted allowance for March and I have a few days to go before it restarts. Usage is "unlimited" until you reach the allowed amount, then performance is reduced as a function of the overall system usage. Typically I get a week or two of the specified speeds ... I log daily "ip traffic," usage for each user/address and know where the heavy usage is.

For whatever reason, the phone images being saved to the Mycloud device are coming from the iCloud server, questioning the wisdom of the process design is heresy, I've given up on that and just accept it! I have heard many complaints about data being dumped when a transfer is interrupted and the process being restarted, Apple really needs a good solid connection to work well it seems, it often eats my usage while never finishing.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE