Re: anaconda problem

On 03/21/17 19:30, François Patte wrote:
> So what?
>
> I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean....

Well, you originally had made some statements about how bad anaconda
is.  In your original post you used phrases like "but after sometimes
anaconda refuses to do anything"  and "Unfortunately anaconda crashed a
few minutes after the beginning of the install".

Then in a subsequent message you gave a list of what sort of
partitioning you wanted and what you seem to have ended up with.  And it
was brought to your attention that a separate /usr is no longer supported.

So, everything sounded really awful to the point where I had to give it
a try to see how badly things were.  So, I just did what I did.  Now,
granted, I was drinking Jack Daniel's at the time so I did fail to
mention that this was simply an attempt to reproduce your experience.

> Up to now I did not find how to resize my swap partition and how to add
> the remaining space to the extended partition.
>
> I want to resize the swap from this awfull size given by anaconda
> (128Gib)  to 4Gib and to move the remaining space (124Gib) to the
> extended partition.
>
> Gparted is unable to do this because of the raid1 device where the swap is.

So....  You just want to resize your swap at this point.

Now you looked at my other message and saw the output for parted and it
may be the same on your system and you see only "primary".

But....at Tom pointed out...

[root@2disk ~]# lvm vgs
  VG     #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize  VFree
  fedora   1   4   0 wz--n- 31.05g 4.00m

[root@2disk ~]# lvm lvs
  LV   VG     Attr       LSize  Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log
Cpy%Sync Convert
  home fedora -wi-ao----
4.03g
  root fedora -wi-ao----
13.97g
  swap fedora -wi-ao----
1.86g
  var  fedora -wi-ao---- 11.18g

So, you can see that my swap is in the VG "fedora" along with logical
volumes.

So, the path to change the sizes would be along these lines.

1.  Turn swap off.

2.  lvreduce to shrink swap

3.  lvextend to add the space to another lv if desired.

FWIW, I am having another Jack tonight....but I hope the above sheds
some light on your configuration.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to get others to do the work for you