Re: Browser Privacy

On 08/27/16 18:32, stan wrote:
Further experience with umatrix
has shown me that the on off button to the left of the vertical line
at the top, completely turns umatrix on or off for a site.

To turn on or off individual cells, it is enough to click in the cell,
and then the result shows under the lock symbol, as either a larger or
smaller number.  Refreshing the page then uses the changes.  I*think*
that clicking on a name to the left allows everything from that domain,
and clicking on a header name, allows all of that type.
n your case, that means that if those two sites are important to you,
you could temporarily turn umatrix off to see them while you experiment
to see the minimum permissions they need to function for your purposes.
+

Things look better now, I had to turn off some Firefox add-on's, did a few more things largely by accident, "what does this item do?", etc. Anyway the uMatrix "dashboard" menu is entirely different and seems to correlate with your comments now ... I normally use an add-on "BYM" that changes the display to white on black, however I found that it reduces the uMatrix dashboard to a useless display bearing little resemblance to what it is with BYM off.

Simply turning off uMatrix for the two sites I mentioned earlier makes them usable again, e.g: https://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zostorms=10&map.x=21&map.y=32&centerx=400&centery=240&lightning=1&smooth0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0 A reload brings back the blocked radar image and re-enabling Adblock cleans up other cruft, gets me back to what I want. I don't know that those uM settings are saved through a restart though, but I guess I can experiment further.

That's some progress anyway ...

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD