Re: evercookies.

I know you said you no longer use AdBlock Plus, but they have
categorically stated that they protect against evercookies.

"If the last paragraph isn’t explicit enough for you, here you go:
Adblock Plus privacy protection (a.k.a. EasyPrivacy filter list)
doesn’t care whether it is cookies, canvas fingerprinting or
evercookie, you will be protected regardless."

What is your issue of concern with adblock plus?

I was admittedly slow to learn this yet once I came to realize the overwhelming majority of their $ is made by advertisers paying them to be white-listed it seemed to me as if the fox was guarding the hen-house. They made a name for themselves doing a great job blocking ads yet to make $ in this effort they rely on advertisers paying them. They are funded by the folks they help frustrate. This just seems like a contradiction to me and rather than keeping tabs on how well they are adhering to their original intent I just sought an alternative and that's when I found uBlock Origin.

I don't begrudge a company making $ and don't mind paying for a worthy service. However, the whole reason I use Fedora & switched from Windows was to use & advocate FOSS & the GNU approach to computing. It's also why I use GNOME & don't use Ubuntu. I understand AdBlock Plus uses the GPL...that's not the issue for me. Relying on what appears to me to be a company in conflict with itself is again why I moved on.

I know Mozilla has in the past been primarily funded thru google; that would be $300,000,000.00 annually in years gone by. Their current contract with yahoo is not public at this time. I'm fine with that since imo it in no way contradicts their stated objectives and they provide great products to me at the same time.

I'm not trying to be religious about this; I'm just trying to be helpful and answer your question.

Drew