Re: Saving ios data dash

On 12/30/14 06:47, Tim wrote:
There are plenty of other CSS tricks you can do, if needed, but just
start off with getting the bare basics to work, first.  Bearing in mind
that if you try to do something sensible like force all fonts to be a
useful readable size, you can get hamstrung by pages which shrunk the
fonts to fit in the spaces they left between graphics, and they'll
no-longer fit.

I've just noticed that border colours seem to need separately forcing,
else some things that have borders around them may use a colour that's
the same as your background choice (and they'll disappear), so you may
want to add a border-color: red !important; clause in there, too (or
some other more useful to you colour).  And you may need to separately
force input boxes, too, with a -moz-appearance: none !important; (to
take away a browser built in style).  Looks like the everything wildcard
isn't quite everything.

e.g. Try this as your entire userContent.css file:

  *
     {color: white !important;
      background: black !important;
      border-color: red !important;
     -moz-appearance: none !important;}

It's not "run," as such.  But when the browser fires up, it reads that
file, and applies the page styling rules on top of whatever rules
already came with the browser, and the website.  No plug-ins required,
it's a basic thing of how browsers are supposed to do CSS.

One gotcha is that the browser only seems to read this file as it's
fired up.  If you change the file, you need to completely quit and
restart the browser before the CSS file will be reloaded.

I've tried the suggested lines on both computers:

[bobg@box10 ~]$ cat /home/bobg/.mozilla/firefox/iezecg4r.default/chrome/userContent.css

*
 {
  color: white !important;
  background: black !important;
  border-color: red !important;
  -moz-appearance: none !important;}

This seems to do most of what I want. I see that photographic images are still presented in color so many pages still contain everything but are more easily read with the white text on a black background and the red border shows that it's working.

However I've been tracking an airline flight [UAL 4215] on Flightaware.com and most of the information on map presentation as well as the graph of altitude and speed have lost most of their detail. e.g. the map shows a line from KORF to KORD and nothing else.

So I guess the simplest thing would be to be able to switch the .css presentation on and off as desired else I might be continuously revising it as I discover deficiencies. Really the map in this case is not very important but I may be missing other stuff that I'm not aware of yet?

This is interesting and helpful and I will use it as is for a while to see what else is affected.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE