Re: Saving ios data dash

On 12/28/14 03:52, Tim wrote:
Sounds like it's not working properly, then.  According to the cascading
rules ("cascading" referring to rules applied on top of rules), your
user style sheet should have higher precedence than a browser's own
style rule set, and the website authors style rules.  And the
"!important" keyword just stamps that in harder with a bigger hammer
(they could have used an !important style that overrided an unimportant
one of yours, but they can't override an important rule of yours).

So, a user stylesheet that says style everything this way, ought to have
the absolute last say in things.  You shouldn't have to do anything
else.

Double-check for typing errors (word spelling and all the punctuation,
but spacing and formatting don't matter), the rules stop being applied
the moment there's a syntax error.

*
   {
    color: white !important;
    background: black !important;
   }
I've forgotten, by now, which browser you're trying to apply this too.

Firefox 34.0 in an updated Fedora-21 64 bit XFCE etc.

The following .css file:

[bobg@box7 chrome]$ cat userContent.css
# !/bin/bash
# /home/bobg/.mozilla/firefox/xx34clzp.default/chrome/userContent.css

*
 {
  color: white !important;
  background: black !important;
 }
I moved it to userContent.css.xxx and deleted the working file to test with/without.

There is no perceptible difference with the .css file running. I even tried testing with add-ons disabled which puts it in "test mode," and saw no difference, however that might disable the .css file too?

These tests were done on box7 a second Fedora-21 computer, not this one which I have been using for this until now. This one, my main box is "home made," the other an old [Optiplex 755] Dell computer but both are set up nearly identical with Fedora-21.

Looking at Fox News I see what looks to me like gray text, some headings in red, on a white background. I expect it to be white text on black ... So the .css file is not doing what it should.

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE