Re: problem with Dependency Resolution

Hi Michel,

> The problem is that nobody on this list does _know_ what exactly you've
> done since you only mentioned troubles installing the _old_ dconf-editor
> version you had downloaded somewhere.

I installed fedora 20 not long ago, and now I'm customizing the installation by adding programs not included by default in the installation.

....at the same time that I installed dconf-editor, I also installed "Tweak Tool" and "menulibre"; this fact can be relevant?

As I said, the old installation of dconf-Edit has not presented problems.
While I did it, I just received the message to confirm the datas ...
unfortunately I have not paid much attention to contents of those data.

> Where is the error you've mentioned in the previous mail?

I'll explain what I can think about can be problematic:
After installing cdonf-Edit I was not been able to use it because all the menu options were disabled.
I read that this maybe he could depend by the permissions of the file "user" that was in the folder / opt / dconf/user ... (? I think it was the location ..)

This trial did no give results because: “after changing the permissions it returned to its original state”
and because of this strange phenomenon I wrote the first email.

In the meantime, however, I continued to do tries and I found that the application could be affected by bugs:

Bug 975521 - unable to change settings using dconf

Bug 956306 - gnome shell freezes when window is present from su session

In addition, I also found a version more 'updated dconf-Edit

So I decided to reinstall dconf -Edit using the more  recent version

What I can check still on the computer to understand the problem?

Thank you for your time

Regards

Angelo

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:49:12 +0300, Angelo Moreschini wrote:

> I didn't force the installation of the old dconf-Edit .. , the installation
> was pretty smooth..

The problem is that nobody on this list does _know_ what exactly you've
done since you only mentioned troubles installing the _old_ dconf-editor
version you had downloaded somewhere. ;-)

> I uninstalled the old version using the command remove...

If that was possible, nothing required it, and that makes it one way
to replace packages. Note that there are other ways to downgrade packages
using "yum" or "rpm".

> here what you wont know ....
> -----------------
> [angelo_dev@zorro ~]$ rpm -qa dconf\*
> dconf-0.18.0-2.fc20.x86_64

That's the original one from Fedora 20.
And dconf-editor is not installed [anymore].

> [angelo_dev@zorro ~]$ sudo yum update
> [sudo] password for angelo_dev:
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
> No packages marked for update

Where is the error you've mentioned in the previous mail?

> I send you, in attachment, the result of command distro-sync

No error in there either. A successful update of several packages, and a
_downgrade_ of nmap, which you had upgraded to something not included with
Fedora 20 and not in any enabled repositories.