Re: Crypto guidelines for Fedora

----- Original Message -----

The ENISA recommendations are generic, not everybody uses ECDHE or DHE
key exchange. Either because, as you point out, the support is not there,
or because they use client cipher selection and most of the clients are
Windows machines or because the administrator disabled all DH suites
because he or she fears for performance problems caused by DHE and doesn't
know that this does not apply for ECDHE suites.

Also, cryptosystems that don't use primitives of comparable strength
are rather frowned upon (if only because security assessment of such
systems is more complex).

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario