Re: Ask for advice!

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 04:58:32PM +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:

> First I don't use Debian for years,

That's perfectly OK.

> so I don't know how you deal with it.

If you look at the links I've posted, in on the right side of the header
of each package you will find a link to the packaging repository.  Inside
the debian/patches directory you will find potentially helpful patches to
use also for Fedora.

> But anyway I think your effect is helpful at least.

I hope so.

> Second, I didn't submit it to the review queue because in the past seqan
> was not available in Fedora until recent review from Antonio. Thus I
> bundled seqan in the package. If I push it to Fedora, I need to unbundle it
> and in this morning I failed because of the too new seqan.

Hint for seqan:  The build of the SeQan tools needs a real lot of memory.
It could be a solution to provide only the header files in a package which
might be sufficient to build tophat.

> And bowtie2 is still not packaged as well, although it's not a must have
> dep so far.

As you might have noticed bowtie2 is also packaged for Debian.  I have
no idea whether different architectures in Fedora are an issue but the
Debian patch for this package contains better detection of the
architecture.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--