Re: [Fedora Robotics] Installing ROS on Fedora 18, and "the pcl issue" -- is there any hope?

On 7 December 2012 13:47, Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It might be an electric to fuerte migration issue:  see [1].  The opencv2 ros stack was removed from fuerte in favor of using the system's opencv libraries.  You should be able to remove the dependency on the opencv2 package, and use the system-installed version instead.

Aha -- thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That was part of the problem; the other issue was that using the "desktop" variant didn't actually install all of the ros packages that I needed, so I used the combination of roslocate + rosinstall to install the rest of them. And the software is now running! Hooray!

Thanks for all your help. I look forward to seeing ROS packages appearing in Fedora at some point.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278