Re: [Fedora Robotics] Fedora Robotics Spin Failed to Compose

On 11/02/2011 07:56 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:

Hi Rich,

already there and you should just enabled it, but I might be wrong.
I thought so too.  I'll put the spin on a USB stick tonight and boot into it so I can grab some screenshots and make sure the install to disk option is there.
I don't know if they are already included, but libraries for firewire access (libraw1394 and libdc1394) and libftdi are helpful. But they might be already pulled in as mrpt dependencies. And... have we included -devel packages in the spin? I'm not sure but maybe some or most of them should be included. For example, while MRPT provides some applications but its library provides lots of functionality so probably mrpt-devel package should be included inside the live version while it is marked as optional in comps. It is very likely that it is applicable to other packages too.
I know that Player uses both of the firewire libs; mrpt does as well.  The .ks explicity lists stage-devel, player-devel, and mrpt-devel, so all of that stuff will be pulled in.  It's also pulling in Eclipse for c/c++ development, arduino for microcontroller development, etc.

It'd be great. The robotics spin is now an official spin and it is much better if it has its own page as a product rather than wiki pages.

Alright, I'm in the process of filing a ticket.  You and timn are cc'd.  Are we happy with the artwork the design team has come up with for us?  I like the design, but should we change the "The best tools for the best robotics" moniker?  I think it's probably something we can change later if we are concerned with getting the spin site up fast.

Rich