Re: [Fedora Robotics] robots-udevrules package for nbc and nxt_python, wedo and similar

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That still is way to vague. I suggest creating a package per
> robot/board/platform/sensor/actuator. If there is a canonical software

We are talking about 1 package for a 1-line file. That's very OCD :-)

One single package simplifies maintenance for this maintainer, reduces
metadata load on fedora infra, cuts your "yum downloading metadata"
times.

Look at rpms that bundle printer drivers. Or look at the rules as
shipped today, for example /etc/udev/rules.d/97-bluetooth-serial.rules

cheers,

 martin@xxxxxxxxxx -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions