Re: [Fedora Robotics] Robotics SIG update

Hi Tim, hi all,

As I mention in some mail..I have here at my Univ (Universidad Autral
de Chile - Puerto Montt) a automation/robotic framework called
monoBOTICS (http://www.monobotics.ic.uach.cl), it is on a alpha stage
but in conjunction with our brother project Icarus (our 3D sim part),
we can do allready pretty cool stuff.

All our stuff is write it in C# (beside some C libs needed in some
parts) so currently runs on Windows, linux and Mac (monoBOTICS is
mainly focused on linux)...

We have X10 support that is easy as drag a x10 object to the scene and
control your appliance using the object properties..Plus Icarus
features you can add .3ds models to the scene or start a new one from
scratch with 3D primitives..same behaviour for phidgets devices, other
sensors (including URG laser range finders), motor controllers, some
zegbee NCD devices and even dynamixel bioloid servo motors and sensors.

Other cool stuff that we have is our C# wrapper for ffmpeg, currently
we can add a videoplayer into a 3D scene (imaging your webcam or any
ffmpeg supported media image as a cube/sphere texture) and we allmost
have the avility to take the audio from the media using ffmpeg but
play it with openal for 3d positioning (currently working just solving
some "special" cases).. :-)

Plus we have some basic ANN support using NeuronDotNet behind the
scene but as easy as drag objectd into the scene to add inteligence to
a envirinment scene (we have here at the univ a smart instrumented
office that learn the user behaviour about lights, heather, etc and
then act automatically to set the proper environment conditions..)

Saddly you are not going to find all this info on our websites since
we are a reduce number of developers but is alk there on the source
repos :-) .. And tes we need to add more samples, help and promotional
images and videos to show alk thus stuff...

I telk you all this becouse we do most of our work with Fedora, so may
be is a early stage to add an alpha project like mine to fedora, but
would be nice to have it in the near future or if there is some real
interest we can think into add some "preview" reduced package with a
small set of more mature features..think in our project in something
like MS Robothc Studio...ohh btw, we also have phisics basic support
using ODE (with a wrapper for that one to of course :-)

Let me know what you think guys...

Cheers,

Mauricio Henriquez
Escuela de Computacion