Re: [Ambassadors] Project Fedora Out-Reach: Kickoff. (Proposed)

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 03:57:33PM +0100, Cesar Pinto wrote:
[...snip...]
> >Joergs message was YOU SHOULD KNOW THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAMME before you try
> to chance it.
>
> You might remember my original "question" was around measuring and
> metrics... the FACT is that those programs are held under the "outreach"
> and are presently INACTIVE. Joerg's suggestion was to join outreach. which
> I did.
>
> He was also kind enough to reach out to me in IRC, which I appreciated.
>
> Moreover: I am acting on a prompt from Matthew Miller to try to reactivate
> the program.

First, let's not have any flaming on lists -- although I think this
message was not very hot. :-) I understand the good intentions of both
Cesar and Sirko here.

I think FOSCo's role in the Fedora Project is not yet clear.  Matthew
did indeed reach out to Cesar, and also to our new community action
lead, Remy DeCausemaker, to start a discussion on that role.  Clearly
we want to build up parts of the project where needed and helpful, and
not to un-build (or rebuild) things which work well.

My initial guess is the FOSCo role will likely be more about
integrating parts of the project so we're working toward common
objectives for community building.  First and foremost, let's be
encouraging to those who are willing to take a hand in figuring out
that role.  Second, let's offer constructive input to make sure the
good work already being done is well understood.