Fedora Personas - consistent user stories

During the F21 development cycle, the Cloud[1], Server[2], and
Workstation[3] groups assembled Product Requirements Documents that each
developed user profiles, or personas, that reflected "typical" users for
a given use case each group wanted to target.

Within the Fedora Docs Project, we've recently been reassessing our
target audience, mission statement, et al, and have begun developing
personas[4] as a tool to aid in that process.  The marketing group has
also discussed building user stories [citation needed].

The concept of Personas seems like a universally applicable concept; in
use by many groups, potentially useful to many more.  Refining these
user stories and sharing them between subsets of the Fedora Project
gives us common ground for discussing strategy and implementation goals.

As a collaboratively maintained effort, these personas will begin to
take on character.  Instead of discussions about "the best thing for
users", we can be more productive by using the shared idea of "Ned, new
Linux user" or "Daryll, the distro-hopping linux enthusiast" or "Lisa,
the stubborn sysadmin".
Grouping user traits into archetypes lets us track them, giving them
names helps us remember them, and so on; hopefully since they're in
somewhat common use we all understand the concept :) I'd like specific,
well developed characters to become part of the conversational domain
language of Fedora contributors.

What about this idea needs coordination?  First, we can all cooperate in
developing the personalities, preferences, and character of the
personas. Marketing can produce brochures demonstrating how Billy used
Fedora for his thesis; Design can have consistent artwork to represent
Billy, so we recognize him on sight; Workstation can target packages and
settings for Billy's needs; QA can test for "What would Billy do?"; Docs
can back it up with tutorials for the word processing software Billy
wrote his term papers in, to the machine learning and robotics tools he
advanced during graduate studies (Hey, aren't there machine learning and
robotics SIGs too?)  The personas help disparate groups unify focus on a
common goal, and humanize the sea of amorphous "users" we'd like to win
over.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Cloud_PRD#User_Profiles
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Personas
[3]